Home staging courses barely existed 3 years ago and now they seem to be one of the hottest topics around. Home Staging Training Courses have come a long way since then as the industry has grown so much in the recent past. The home foreclosure situation has really fueled this growth as more and more homes are being turned back over to the lenders that are stuck with a growing inventory of empty, trashed-out homes they need to sell. Some of the Home Staging Courses offer “Certification” as part of their training program.
There is no question that in today’s market there is a huge and growing demand for this service that is making $500 a day or more for many of us that also get the satisfaction of knowing we are truly helping people to sell their homes faster. This is especially true as there is no one single organization that regulates or controls this profession so that you end up with a number of different groups that each offer their own version of “Certification” such as in Home Staging Expert, International Association of Home Staging Professionals, ASP and the list goes on.
Reasons for Home Staging:
• Faster Sales Time – Staged homes sell much more rapidly than non-staged homes do. Marketing experts indicate that staged homes sell 30 to 50% faster in most areas. This is important because the longer a home is on the market, the more likely there will be a sales reduction. Buyers think that if a home has been on the market for some time, that there must be something wrong with it or that the seller will be anxious to sell and will take much less than the asking price.
• Positive Impression – First impression is more positive on this, rather than negative.
• Less Than a Minute – Buyers initially make up their mind in less than a minute on whether they want a home or not. Curb appeal is the key. After a buyer’s initial decision in the first minute, they will either confirm that decision or rescinded it in the next 6 to 20 minutes as they view your home.
• Ready to Move In – Staged homes appear to be in “Ready to move-in” condition. Buyers overwhelmingly prefer homes where they can just move-in and start enjoy life with their new home.
• No Imagination Needed – When only 5% of the population can truly visualize how beautiful a home can be or see past the clutter, grime and so-so appearance, then staging becomes paramount for a fast sale at a great price.
• Competitive Advantage – Staged homes have a competitive advantage over other homes that are not staged.
• Well-Maintained – Staged homes give off the appearance of being well-maintained and cared for. This is the underlying psychological message that is sent to potential buyers.
• Appraisers – Appraisers see the home in a more positive light and are more likely to appraise higher than a similar non-staged home.
• Shown More – Properly staged homes are showing much more often by realtors. Since they enjoy showing a property that is attractive and excites buyers. These homes are always at the top of the list when it comes to which homes an agent will show.